Depending on your age and situation, there are many options available to get more money into your super.
All of these types of contributions have different positives and negatives, depending on your particular situation. Learn more details about the different types and if they might work for you using the resources linked from this page.
Different types of contributions include:
- Salary sacrifice
- Regular post-tax, or after-tax, contributions through your payroll
- One-off contributions from your bank account
- Spouse contributions
- Splitting contributions with your spouse
- Downsizer contributions (available if you are 60 years old or older)*
- Government co-contribution (available to low income earners)*
A great place to start to learn more could be our Types of Contributions webpage.
*Conditions and eligibility criteria apply. Please see the ATO for more information.